You know that feeling that you are always busy with work, your children and other activities. After a long busy day, it is important to rest and relax in the evening. A massage device such as a foot bath can greatly help your body to relax both mentally and physically. You probably came to this page because you are considering buying a foot bath.
In this buying guide, we provide a lot of useful information that you should pay attention to when finding the best foot bath that fits your needs perfectly. We have selected and extensively tested the best foot baths for you. We hope you enjoy reading this informative buying guide.
How long do you want to enjoy a foot bath? Look closely at the strength of the thermostat.
It is a very important question that you should ask yourself because it determines which type of foot bath is the best to buy. If you want to enjoy a foot bath massage for longer, it is of course important that the water remains warm. The thermostat keeps the water warm. If you want to enjoy a warm foot bath for longer than 20 minutes, it is important to buy a foot bath that is equipped with a thermostat of at least 300 watts. These thermostats are able to keep the water warm for about an hour. In addition, thermostats above 300 watts can also heat the water themselves. If you would like a shorter foot bath massage of about 15 minutes, a thermostat of, for example, 100 watts will suffice.
Are you looking for a foot bath that you can take with you everywhere?
If you plan to take the foot bath with you on a trip, for example, it is wise to choose a foldable foot bath. These models naturally take up a lot less space.
Do you want to be able to set the temperature of the water yourself?
If you want to be able to set the temperature of the water yourself, it is wise to buy a more expensive version. These models are often equipped with a screen on which you can read the temperature. Next to the screen are buttons on which you can adjust the temperature.
The massage options?
It is also important to consider what type of massages the foot spa can perform. Below is an overview of the different types of massages that a foot bath can perform:
- Vibration and bubble massage: if you want to completely relax, we recommend that you check whether the device can perform a viberation and bubble massage. The vibrations in combination with the bubbles provide a very relaxed feeling.
- Foot reflex massage: there are hundreds of reflex points on the soles of the feet. These points are connected to the organs via the nerves. By stimulating these reflex points you can also treat other health problems such as headaches and improving digestion. For more information, check out this article we wrote about foot reflexology massages .
- Roller massage: there are massage rollers in most foot baths. By moving your feet over the rollers, your feet are massaged and the blood circulation in your feet and legs is also stimulated. It ensures that the blood vessels open so that nutrients can reach the muscles in the lower body again. The increased blood circulation gives the feet and legs renewed energy. If you want to enjoy optimally, we recommend that you buy a foot bath that has motorized massage rollers. The advantage is that you do not have to move over the rollers yourself.
What is the depth of the foot bath? How many liters of water can it hold?
It’s a very important question to ask yourself. The amount of water in the foot spa determines how comfortable it feels. When the warm water comes all the way up to your calves, it feels a lot more relaxed. If you want to relax, we always recommend buying a foot bath where the water comes up to the calves. It is therefore a good idea to buy a foot bath that can hold at least 6 liters of water.
It is important to check the maximum foot size of the foot bath. It will be a shame if you buy a foot bath that is too small in terms of foot size.
The 7 best foot baths of 2023 selected especially for you
We have made a selection of the best foot baths of the moment especially for you. In this list we have included both more luxurious and cheaper foot baths. We discuss the most important functionalities for each foot bath. In addition, we indicate for which target group the device is best used. For example, we indicate whether the foot spa helps with arthritis, for example. At the end of the review, we will discuss the most important advantages and disadvantages of the product. Based on this, you can better determine whether it suits your needs.
1. Beurer FB50 is a luxurious foot bath with massage
Thanks to the strong thermostat of 480 watts, you can enjoy a warm foot bath massage for a long time.
Strong thermostat and up to foot size 46
Are you looking for a luxurious foot bath with massage and many other useful features? The beurer fb50 foot bath is a very good choice. Thanks to the strong 400-watt thermostat, you don’t have to heat the water yourself. You pour the cold water into the device and the water is fully heated within a few minutes. The water also remains at the same temperature for about 60 minutes. The device is also specially made for people with larger feet because it can be used up to foot size 46.
Temperature adjustable between 35 and 48 degrees.
The device is equipped with a screen on which you can read the temperature. Next to the display are two buttons with which you can easily set the temperature between 35 and 48 degrees.
Different types of massages
The Beurer FB50 has three different types of massage programs, namely the bubble, vibration and foot reflex massage. During the massage you can also switch on the infrared heat and this has a positive effect on stimulating blood circulation. Thanks to the infrared heat, the blood vessels open up and your tired feet and legs get energy again.
2. Medisana foot bath FS 885 review
The foot bath with the best price-quality ratio.
How does the Medisana FS885 differ from other foot baths?
When we look at the price-quality ratio of all the different foot baths, the Medisana FS 885 is the best choice. The prices of foot baths are between 30 and 120 euros. The Medisana FS 885 is offered at bol.com for a price of 51 euros. In terms of price, the FS 885 actually belongs to the budget foot baths. However, when we look at the functionalities, we can conclude that the Medisana FS 885 is a luxurious foot bath and has a very good price-quality ratio. The following properties show that:
- Easily set and read the temperature: the device has an LED screen on which you can see the temperature. In addition, you can easily regulate the temperature yourself by pressing the temperature button. The temperature can be set from 20 to 48 degrees. In this respect, the Medisana comfort FS885 even distinguishes itself from the high-end foot baths. With most luxurious foot spa devices you can set the temperature between 35 and 48 degrees.
- The water stays warm for a long time: the device has a 380 watt thermostat, so you can enjoy wonderful long foot bath massages of up to 60 minutes. Most models come with a thermostat between 60 and 120 watts.
- Easily set the duration: under the LED screen you will find the “alarm button” with which you can set the duration of the foot bath massage. The following duration options are available: 20/30/40/50/60 minutes.
- Double-walled wall: the heat is well retained because the appliance has a double-walled casing. In addition, the strong thermostat ensures that the temperature remains stable.
- Massage rollers: The massage rollers are located not only on the bottom but also on the sides of the device. The sides of your feet are also massaged. Do you not need a roller massage? No problem. You can easily remove the massage rollers from the device.
As with most foot spas, you can enjoy three massages at the same time. The Medisana FS 885 can give a vibration, foot reflex and bubble massage at the same time. In addition, you can of course also set an individual massage program.
Who is this product suitable for:
The Medisana FS 885 has by far the best price-quality ratio of all the foot baths that we have tested. It is the best foot bath of the moment. We recommend the Medisana FS 885 for anyone who wants to buy a foot spa.
3. Innovagoods foldable and warm foot bath | 450 watts
The best compact and foldable foot bath for vacation
What makes the Innovagoods different from other foot baths?
Would you like to enjoy a longer foot bath massage of, for example, 60 minutes during your holiday? If this is what you want, the foot spa from Innovagoods is by far the best choice for the following reasons:
- Foldable: The device is foldable, making it very compact and therefore easy to fit in the travel case. In addition, it is of course also easier to store the device at home. By folding the foot bath, it fits easily under the sofa or chair, for example. What we also find very useful is that it has a handle. All of these useful features naturally enhance the portability of the Innovagoods foot spa.
- The water stays warm for a long time: the device is offered at bol.com for 55 euros and this device is therefore in the middle class in terms of price. However, it is equipped with a very strong thermostat of 480 watts that you normally only find in most luxury models. Thanks to the strong thermostat, you don’t have to heat the water yourself, and the hot water stays at the same temperature for about an hour.
- The water comes at the heels: the footspa can hold up to 6 liters of water. In addition to your feet, the heels are also immersed in the warm water.
For whom this foot bath is ideal:
For people who want to enjoy a long foot bath massage. In addition, these people are looking for a foldable foot spa so that you can easily transport and store it.
4. Ecomed 23100 is a cheap foot bath
If you are looking for the cheapest foot bath, this is the best choice
Are you looking for an affordable foot bath with a good price-quality ratio? The Ecomed 23100 can then be a very good choice. This foot spa is offered at bol.com at a very competitive price of 27 euros. Imagine that you can now always enjoy a relaxing foot bath massage at your home.
The Ecomed 23100 gives three different types of massages, namely:
- Vibration massage: this massage ensures that your stiffened muscles loosen up again.
- Bubble massage: The device produces bubbles at the bottom. The warm water in combination with the bubbles gives a wonderfully relaxing and stimulating feeling.
- Foot reflexology massage: there are two massage rollers at the bottom of the bubble bath. By moving your feet over the massage rollers, the reflex points of your feet are massaged. An advantage is that you can remove the massage rollers from the device by means of a click system. As a result, the water rises above your feet.
Up to foot
size46 The Ecomed 23100 has a universal size and people up to foot size 46 can use this device. If you are looking for a foot bath with a larger foot size, we recommend the Beurer FB 30. People up to foot size 49 can use the Beurer FB 30.
How does the device work?
On the Ecomed 23100 you will find 1 button and by clicking on it you can easily adjust the settings. The button is large enough so that you can also adjust the settings with your toe during the foot bath massage. The advantage is that you don’t have to bend backwards. By briefly pressing the button with the toes, the device performs a bubble + heat massage. When you press the button twice in succession, the device starts performing a bubble, vibration and heat massage. Pressing the button for 5 seconds turns the device off.
Who is this device suitable for:
We recommend the Ecomed 23100 to people who do not want to spend a lot of money on a foot spa. In addition, she does not mind that you can use it for a maximum of 15 minutes. It is a cheap foot bath in the lower price segment and these simply have weaker thermostats (under 100 watts). If you want to enjoy a foot bath massage for longer, we recommend the Medisana FS 885 because it has a thermostat of 350 watts.
5.Foot bubble bath Medisana FS 883
The foot bath comes with 3 pedicure attachments
Would you like to enjoy a wonderful foot bath massage, but you don’t want to spend too much money on it? The foot bubble bath from Medisana is a good choice. The Medisana FS883 is for sale at Coolblue and bol.com and is offered for a price of 39,-. The Medisana FS 883 can give three different types of massages, namely a vibration, bubble and roller massage. For optimal relaxation, these massages can be given at the same time. If you do not need a roller massage, you can easily remove the massage rollers from the foot bath. The foot basin is quite deep so that the warm water reaches above your feet.
Infrared foot bath and 80 watt thermostat
The Medisana FS 883 is an infrared foot bath because infrared lamps are included in the device. When you switch on this function, the blood circulation in the feet and legs is stimulated and it ensures that the muscles get new energy. The infrared foot bath is equipped with an 80 watt thermostat that can keep the water warm for about 15 minutes. For most people this is sufficient, but if you want to enjoy longer, we recommend a more expensive foot bath. The Beurer FB 50 or the Medisana FS 885 are better alternatives. The devices are equipped with a thermostat of more than 350 watts.
The Medisana FS 883 comes with 3 pedicure attachments such as a callus remover and brush. What we find useful is that the device is equipped with anti-slip rubbers so that the footspa does not shift on a slippery floor.
6. Rio FTBH5 infrared foot bath
People up to foot size 48 can use this foot bath and it has motorized rollers.
How does this foot spa differ from other models?
Do you have large feet and are you looking for a quality foot bath? The Rio FTBH5 meets these requirements because even people up to foot size 48 can use this foot spa. The Rio FTBH5 is a luxurious foot bath and is equipped with functionalities that the cheaper models do not have:
- Motorized Rollers: Of all the foot baths we’ve tested, this is the only foot spa to have motorized rollers. It means that you don’t have to make the movements over the rollers yourself. It actually ensures that blood circulation is stimulated even more and of course it gives a very relaxed feeling because you don’t have to do anything yourself.
- The strongest thermostat of all foot baths: it is equipped with a 500 watt thermostat. For you, this means that you do not have to heat the water yourself and that you can enjoy a foot bath massage of an hour or longer. With the cheaper variants, the water stays warm for about 15 minutes. 15 minutes is often not enough to properly clean the feet.
- LED display: it is equipped with a LED display on which you can see the temperature. Below the LED display are two buttons on which you can set the temperature. You can set the temperature yourself between 35 and 48 degrees.
- Overheating protection: The Rio FTBH 5 has an overheating protection. When the device gets too hot, the device switches off automatically. This prevents the device from breaking down. The Rio FTBH5 automatically shuts off after 60 minutes by default for safety reasons.
The Rio FBH5 is an infrared foot bath and offers three different massage programs, namely the vibration, foot reflex and effervescent massage. During the massage you can easily switch on the infrared function by pressing the infrared button. The heat points of light give an extra relaxing feeling and it also promotes blood circulation.
Who is this pedicure foot bath intended for?
We recommend this foot spa for people who have a large foot size. In addition, we recommend this product for people who want to enjoy a longer foot bath massage (longer than 20 minutes):
- People who want to thoroughly clean their feet and where a longer foot spa massage is important.
- For people who have arthritis, it is important to do a warm foot bath massage for more than 20 minutes. Otherwise it will not have sufficient effect on the relief of the pain.
Conclusion: which foot bath to buy?
If you are looking for a foot spa with the best price-quality ratio, we recommend the Beurer FB50. We have tested all foot baths and this model is the best in the test. At Coolblue they have a temporary foot bath offer for the Beurer FB50 and it is now offered for 85 euros. The foot bath is equipped with very luxurious functionalities and the price is also a lot lower than versions that have comparable functionalities. We therefore think that the Medisana foot bath is the best choice.
Buying guide: what should you pay attention to when buying a foot bath?
It is important not to make an impulsive and wrong decision when planning to buy a foot bath. We would like to help you to prevent this. We have therefore prepared an overview of the important aspects that you should pay attention to when buying a foot spa. We have done this by providing answers to the most important questions. Below you will find the overview:
How often do you want to use the device?
It is important to ask yourself this question. It determines what type of foot bath is best for you to buy. If you plan to use the foot bath almost every day, we recommend that you buy a more expensive foot spa. The more expensive foot baths are also generally of better quality and therefore have a longer lifespan. If you plan to use the foot spa once a week, you can choose to buy a cheaper version. The quality and lifespan of the foot bath therefore also strongly depends on the price.
Do I want to solve a physical or mental problem with the foot spa?
A foot bath with massage function can help to solve health problems. It is therefore important to determine which health problems you want to tackle with a foot bath. For example, if you suffer from artistic pain, it is important to select a foot bath in which you can put salt and oil. Salt ensures that your feet are optimally cleaned. If you find a model in which you can also put seaweed in, that is an even better option. A foot spa can also help improve circulation. By promoting circulation, blood is supplied to different parts of your body more quickly. When you are looking for a foot bath device to improve blood circulation, it is important to select a device with at least 3 massage rollers. A foot bath massage also helps in reducing the stress in the body. If you suffer from stress, we recommend that you select a model where you can adjust the temperature of the water. The warm water gives it a very relaxing feeling. The effect is that more endorphins are produced and that causes the body to relax more.
What is the maximum price you are willing to spend on a pedicure foot bath?
Life gets a lot more expensive if you don’t define a budget for purchasing products. When purchasing a foot bath, it is therefore also important to know in advance how much you want to spend. To define the budget, it is important to look at your own financial situation. Based on this you can determine what your budget is. Then it is also important to ask yourself what you want to use the foot bath for. In addition, it is important to have an idea of which features of the device are important to you. By answering these questions you can determine the maximum budget for the pedicure foot bath. Then you will see which models fit within your budget. If you have a smaller budget then it is often not a problem because luckily these products are not that expensive. At Coolblue and bol.com, for example, you can already buy a foot spa from 40 euros. The prices of foot baths are between 20 and 120 euros.
How many liters of water can a foot bath hold? (water up to the calves or not?)
Foot baths can vary greatly in depth. The cheaper foot baths are often a lot less deep, so that the water does not reach the ankles when the massage rollers are in the device. With the slightly more expensive and professional foot baths, the water comes all the way up to the ankles while the soles of the feet are massaged thanks to the massage rollers. In fact, most luxury foot baths are so deep that the water reaches the calves. The more luxurious models are perfect for people who want to enjoy a foot bath massage to the fullest. The more expensive variants are often also equipped with a bubble massage and also provide vibration massages that also massage the calves.
So when you are thinking about buying a foot spa, it is important to ask yourself how deep a foot spa should be. To give a good answer to this question, it is important to know what your budget is and for what purpose you want to use the product. Do you want to completely relax and unwind by means of a foot spa? In this case, we recommend that you select a foot bubble bath that is deep enough to also massage your calves. A deep foot spa just feels a lot more pleasant and often has more relaxing features like a bubble massage. However, if you only want to clean your feet, for example, a shallow foot bath will suffice. By answering these questions you can better determine whether it is useful for you to buy a deep foot massage bath.
Do you choose a model with or without a display?
Most foot bath massagers are easy to use. Almost all foot bath massagers are equipped with a heat function that heats the water. However, the cheaper models do not have a screen on which you can see the temperature of the water. With the cheaper foot baths you put warm water in the bath and you cannot adjust the temperature yourself. The more expensive models have a screen on which you can see the temperature of the water. You can also set the temperature. We think it is useful if the foot spa is equipped with a screen. We recommend a disinfecting foot bath that is equipped with a screen where you can also set the temperature.
Because the cheaper models are not equipped with a screen, it often happens that the temperature of the water is not optimal. When you pour hot water into it, the temperature drops quickly. The thermostat is unable to keep the water warm for more than 10 minutes. As a result, the disinfecting foot bath does not work optimally and your feet are not cleaned perfectly. We therefore recommend choosing a model that is equipped with a stronger thermostat (minimum 300 watts) and where you can set the temperature on the screen itself.
It is important to verify that the temperature is displayed in Celsius and not in Fahrenheit. It is of course not convenient that you constantly have to convert the temperature to Celsius. Many people order products from China and we do not recommend this in the case of buying a foot bath. There is a good chance that the temperature is displayed in Fahrenheit and that is of course not useful. We recommend that you purchase a disinfecting foot bath from a Dutch or Belgian webshop such as Coolblue or bol.com. With these models, the temperature is always displayed in Celsius.
Do you want to heat the water yourself and how long should the water stay warm (thermostat)
Most people choose an electric massage foot bath because it has a wonderfully relaxing effect. The feet are massaged in the warm water. Manufacturers of foot massagers implement the heat function in three different ways. With the cheapest foot baths, a weaker thermostat of under 80 watts is included in the device. It actually means that you have to heat the water yourself. Then pour the water into the massage foot bath. The heating element then ensures that the same constant temperature is maintained for about 10 to 15 minutes. With the cheaper foot baths it takes a little more time to use the device because you have to heat the water first. There are also foot baths that have a better thermostat (200 watts). The advantage is that you do not have to use up the water yourself. With these models you can simply pour cold water into the device and the water will be heated in 5 minutes. If you want to enjoy a constant temperature and for longer than 20 minutes, it is wise to buy a foot bubble bath with a thermostat of at least 350 watts. Thanks to the strong thermostat, the water heats up faster and stays at the same temperature for a longer period of time. When you want to use the foot bath, pour the cold water into it. Then select the temperature of the water and wait 5 minutes. Thanks to the thermostat, the water remains constant at the same temperature for more than 60 minutes. Especially for people who have less sensitive feet, it is recommended to use an electric foot bath with a stronger thermostat. For these people it is more important that the foot bath massage lasts longer, otherwise the massage is not very effective.
Portable foot bath: do you want to take it with you on holiday, for example?
An important question to ask yourself is whether you are looking for a portable foot bath or not? For example, if you plan to take the foot bath with you on vacation, it is of course useful that you choose a model that you can easily transport. In this section we will discuss which aspects you should pay attention to when buying a portable foot bath.
- Foldable: Some electric foot baths are foldable. The big advantage is of course that you can easily store the device. In addition, it is of course useful when you go on holiday, for example. However, the folding foot baths are generally a bit more expensive.
- Handle and smaller model: If you find a folding foot bath too expensive, you can still find a portable model. It is important that the device is provided with a handle. In addition, the cheaper foot baths are generally a lot easier to transport. The reason is that these models are a lot less deep and are therefore computer. These models are also called a foot spa. The disadvantage is that the foot bath massage feels a little less relaxing because the water does not rise that high.
- Inflatable foot bath: you can also consider buying an inflatable foot bath . It is actually the most portable foot bath. However, the major disadvantages of an inflatable foot bath are that they are not electric. This means that these are not equipped with, for example, a thermostat, so that the water does not remain at the right temperature. In addition, you cannot set a massage program, for example.
Make sure to choose a foot spa with splash protection
It is important to select a foot bath that is equipped with splash protection. Thanks to the splash guard, the water does not reach the floor as quickly. The cheaper versions are less deep, so that the water reaches the floor faster. It is therefore important to check whether the foot spa comes with a splash guard. The more expensive versions are almost always equipped with a splash guard.
Do you choose a foot bath or a foot massage device
Another important question you can ask yourself is whether you choose a foot bath or a foot massager without water. The big advantage of a foot massager is that the massages are more powerful because they can perform shiatsu massages. The deeper lying muscles are also massaged better. For more information about the differences between foot baths and foot massage devices, I would like to refer you to this page .
Do you choose electric or non-electric massage rollers?
The quality of the foot bath strongly depends on the massage rollers. The massage rollers can be found at the bottom and sometimes on the sides. Foot baths come with electric and non electric rollers. The non-electric massage rollers are usually found in the cheaper versions. With the non-electric rollers, you move your feet over the massage rollers. The massage becomes more intense when you apply pressure. Electric massage rollers work a lot more relaxing and you almost don’t have to do anything yourself. The electric rollers are driven by a motor, which causes them to rotate. The only thing you have to do yourself is to determine the intensity by pressing harder on the massage rollers with your feet.
Most foot spa models have between 2 and 6 massage rollers. With the more expensive version you often also have the option to click the rollers out of the device. It is therefore important for you to determine how many massage rollers you need. If you need an intense massage, we recommend that you buy a foot bath that has at least 4 massage rollers. For people with sensitive feet, it is better to select a foot bath where you can remove the rollers. The amount of massage rollers therefore strongly depends on your specific situation and needs.
Take a good look at which type of massages the device can perform:
Before you buy a foot spa, it is important to pay close attention to what type of massages the device can perform. Below we will discuss the different types of massages:
- Vibration massage: it is important that the device can perform a vibration massage. The foot bath generates vibrations and this in combination with the heat ensures that it gives a relaxed feeling. When you want to completely relax after a long busy day, it is always important to choose a model with a vibration function
- Bubble massage: if you want to completely relax, it is important to select a model that can give a bubble massage. The bubbles have a very relaxing effect and it feels very nice. The relaxing effect is further enhanced by the sound of the bubbles. In general, the cheaper versions produce much less bubbles. So it is always important when buying the best foot bath to check whether it can give a bubble massage.
- Foot reflex massage: the foot reflex points are located under the soles of the feet. These reflex points are connected to all organs. The organs are connected to the reflex points of the feet via the nerves. The reflex points are therefore the ends of the nerve pathways. These points are stimulated by means of the massage rollers in the foot bath. The massage rollers have pointed ends and these ensure that the foot reflex points are stimulated. The big question is of course how foot reflexologyhelps to reduce the pain associated with health problems? The principle is actually very simple. For example, when you suffer from pain in the neck, there is an accumulation of chemical substances at the ends of the nerves. With a foot reflex massage, these nerve points are stimulated so that the chemicals are removed. The substances are then removed from the body during urination. In this way, a foot reflexology massage helps to reduce pain. It also helps to bring the body back into balance.
The different types of foot baths
Today, different types of foot baths are offered. Below is an overview of the most popular varieties:
- Electric foot bath: the electric models are the most expensive, but on the other hand they have many more features such as a thermostat, electric massage rollers, LED display and adjustable temperature.
- Inflatable foot bath: these models are especially useful when you want to take a foot bath with you on holiday. The inflatable foot baths are often the cheapest models. Unfortunately, these do not have massage functions.
- Wooden foot bath: we do not really recommend this type because a foot bath made of wood is of course a lot heavier than the rechargeable and electric variants.
- Detox foot bath: a detox foot bath is a professional foot spa to remove toxic substances from the body in a very effective way. A detox / ion foot bath works on the basis of electrolysis. It means that a chemical reaction takes place so that the body knows it has to remove the harmful substances. The result is that hundreds of sweat glands open, causing the harmful substances to be removed through the sweat glands. An ionic foot bath is the only effective method of removing the waste acid through the pores.
What are the major benefits of a foot bath?
In addition to the fact that foot baths have a wonderfully soothing effect, they are also extremely suitable for remedying health problems. In this section of this buying guide, we will discuss how a foot bath can help with various health problems.
More and more people suffer from stress in daily life. Nowadays life is all about performance and society expects you to get the most out of yourself. These high expectations also bring a lot of stress. Because people are so busy, they have little time for themselves. Did you know that a foot bath can help reduce stress? The feet are very sensitive. When you run your fingers over your feet, you feel how sensitive your feet are. Recognizable, right? Because of our busy lives we move a lot and that is why it is important to take good care of your feet. With a foot bath massage your feet will relax because they are being massaged. In addition, the warm water gives a wonderfully soothing feeling. The effect is that you will feel more relaxed and the body will automatically produce endorphins (feel good) hormones. These hormones create a feeling of happiness, which also increases mental peace. This way foot baths help with thereducing stress . To completely relax, we recommend buying a model that has electric massage rollers and is deep enough so that the water reaches the calves.
Foot bath to relieve tired feet by promoting blood circulation
Regular use of a foot bath improves your blood circulation . Thanks to the massage rollers, a foot bath gives a stimulating massage and this has a positive effect on the blood circulation of your body. The massage widens the blood vessels and the effect of this is that the blood can flow faster through the body. Because the blood vessels are wider, more oxygen and nutrients are transported to the muscles. The effect is that the feet and legs get renewed energy. Especially people who have an office job, a foot bath massage is a good solution because they sit a lot.
In addition, a foot bath also helps with tired feet. Many people who do heavy physical occupations often suffer from tired feet because the blood flow in the legs and feet decreases sharply. During a foot bath massage, the feet and legs regain energy and that tired feeling disappears. As you can read, a foot bath massage has a very positive effect on promoting blood circulation.
A foot bath reduces the pain caused by arthritis
A spa foot bath massage can partially remove the arthritis symptoms. It reduces the tension in the muscles and joints. With arthritis, people have pain in the joints because they are inflamed. It is a chronic condition and the pain can be severe at times. So a foot bath can help reduce the pain caused by arthritis. If you suffer from arthritis, we recommend using a foot bath twice a day. For example, you can use the foot bath in the morning and in the evening. A foot spa is very effective when used daily. To treat the pain in the most effective way, it is wise to put seaweed in the foot bath. The feet are detoxified and cleaned by the seaweed in the most effective way, making the skin firmer.
Foot bath massage helps to reduce headaches
The soles of your feet are covered with nerve points and these are also called reflex points. The reflex points are connected to different parts of the body by means of energy flows (meridian) and thus also to the brain. Around the head there are different types of meridians that start or end at the feet. The reflex points are stimulated by massaging the feet. The blockages in the meridian that run from the feet to the head can cause headaches. Through a foot bath massage the free flow of energy through the meridian is stimulated and the blockages disappear. The effect is therefore that headache decreases. If you often suffer from headaches, we recommend using a foot bath every day.
It helps in the treatment of the digestive system
A foot spa aids in improving digestion and thus also balances acidity. Because energy flows from the stomach are in connection with the soles of the feet, you can remove blockages by massaging the reflex points in the feet. The effect is that the acidity in the stomach is reduced, so that the pain in the stomach decreases.
A foot bath massage helps with a good night’s sleep
You know that feeling when it’s hard to fall asleep? Often it is because people have too many thoughts in their heads. A foot bath can be a good solution because it helps to improve sleep. It has a very relaxing effect. The warm water and the massage movements ensure that the body relaxes. Due to the relaxing effect, the feet relax and come to rest. In addition, the nerve points of the feet are also massaged. The nerve points are connected to all organs of the body and thus also to the brain. The effect is that the body will feel more relaxed, both mentally and physically. By regularly using a foot bath massage you can let go of the busy life.
It helps to remove waste products from the kidneys and liver
It helps in detoxifying your body. We recommend using a foot bath every week. It is good to completely detoxify and clean the feet every week. During a foot bath massage the toxins that come from the kidneys and liver are removed. The effect is that the PH value is balanced and therefore the immune system is strengthened.
How should you use and maintain a foot bath?
- Flat Surface: It is important to place the foot spa on a flat surface. If you do not do this, the water will flow out of the device.
- Never do this: never plug in the device while your device is filling it with water.
- Maximum limit of the water: With most foot baths, the maximum limit from which the water can come is clearly indicated. This boundary is often indicated by a dotted line. However, the models can always differ from each other, so it is important to read the manual carefully.
- Never remove the plug from the socket during a foot bath massage: when you are enjoying a foot bath massage, it is important never to remove the plug from the socket. It is important to first remove the feet from the footwell and then you can remove the plug from the device. When you want to remove the plug from the socket, it is important that your hands are dry. So always dry your hands when they are still slightly wet.
- Attachments: if you have a foot spa that has massage attachments, it is important that they are properly attached.
- Let it cool down well: after a massage it is important to let the foot spa cool down well. Some components are still active and may therefore malfunction during cleaning. After the foot basin has completely cooled down, you can clean it.
- Cleaning: Clean the foot bath with a soft and clean cloth. In addition, it is important to use a mild detergent so that it is optimally cleaned. After you have cleaned the device, wipe it with a dry cloth. It is of course always important to keep the foot bath as clean as possible. This way you can always enjoy a clean foot bath. When it is used by several people, it is extra important to clean the device properly. If it is not cleaned properly, bacteria can remain in the foot bath. The bacteria are transferable and therefore a family member can contract a fungal infection, for example.
When you are going to use the footwell for the first time, it is important to follow the following steps:
- Everything within reach: it is important that you have all the necessary accessories within reach. You should have a foot lotion, file, scrub, brush and a towel within reach.
- Wash feet thoroughly: You should always wash the feet thoroughly before using the foot spa. If you do not do this, the use of a foot basin is not as effective.
- Soaking Feet: After the foot bath massage, it is important to soak the feet for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Massage rollers: when the feet are well soaked, you can then use the massage rollers. If you have a non-electric foot bath, you have to move your feet over the roller yourself. With the electric foot baths you don’t have to do anything yourself because the rollers move automatically. Thanks to the massage rollers, the feet are massaged and blood circulation is promoted.
- Scrub your feet: Next, it is important to scrub the feet well with a pumice stone, scrub or a file. When you have scrubbed the feet, it is important to brush them afterwards.
- Wash again: It is important to wash your feet thoroughly again until the water is completely clear. Normally this takes about 5 minutes.
- Apply body lotion: use a towel to dry your feet completely. It is then important to rub your feet with body lotion. After applying the lotion, you can choose to have your feet massaged again.
What ingredients can you use in a foot bath?
One of the biggest advantages is that you can always enjoy a foot bath massage at home. To treat the feet extra well, it is a smart plan to use, for example, bath salts and oils in the foot bath. In addition, some people also use seaweed so that the feet are cleaned even better. Below we will discuss all different types of foot ingredients and how they can help with a better foot bath massage:
Magnesium flake foot bath:
The most well-known bath salt is epsom salt and this is actually not surprising. Epsom salt has been used for many hundreds of years in alleviating all kinds of aches and pains associated with health conditions. A foot bath is therefore very healthy for the body. Epsom salt is cheap and effective and we definitely recommend using it in the foot bath. When you pour the salt into the water, the salt transforms into sulfate and magnesium. The sulfate and magnesium then soak into your skin and end up in your body. We recommend this type of salt for people who suffer from arthritis pain, swelling, bruising, insomnia and muscle aches. As you can read, epsom salt in combination with a foot bath massage can help with many different health problems. In addition to epsom salt, there is also a comparable variant, namely dead sea salt and this type of salt is a lot more expensive. The reason for this is that dead sea salt has very complex compositions. It contains 20 different elements such as magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium and sulfates. Magnesium sulfate foot bath experiences and benefits:
- A zechsal magnesium foot bath ensures that your skin stays young.
- A magnesium salt foot bath cleanses your body completely and ensures that waste products are quickly removed.
- A magnesium flake foot bath works great as a detoxifying agent.
- A foot bath with magnesium sulfate helps to heal chronic skin conditions.
- It reduces the pain that occurs with rheumatism when you use a magnesium foot bath with soda every day.
Essential oils in a salt foot bath
By using essential oils in the foot bath, the feet can be massaged and cleaned even more effectively. Essential oils are oils that come from plants such as flowers, fruits and seeds. Essential oils can play an important role in restoring the skin. These oils are especially helpful for people who suffer from dry skin. The oils ensure that the moisture content remains in balance. In addition, it ensures that the moisture content is optimal and therefore in balance. You can use the essential oils individually, but you can also combine them with each other. Below we take a look at these most well-known essential oils for foot baths and how they can help with health problems:
- Cedarwood Oil: is a very effective disinfectant and antifungal oil. If you suffer from tinea pedis (swimmer’s eczema), cedarwood oil is a good choice. This oil therefore helps when you suffer from athlete’s foot.
- Juniper Berry Oil: if you have rheumatism, we recommend using juniper oil in the foot spa. In addition, this oil helps to reduce muscle pain.
- Cypress oil: works as a deodorant and this oil also has a disinfecting effect. If you suffer from blisters, this oil can help. It also helps if you suffer from smelly sweaty feet.
- Rosemary oil: soothes sore muscles in the feet and loosens them up. In addition, rosemary oil also has an antiseptic effect. It ensures that the body is protected against athlete’s foot. Athlete’s foot is prevented by using rosemary oil in the foot bath every week. The risk of athlete’s foot is therefore greatly reduced.
- Lavender oil: works as a natural pain reliever and therefore helps to reduce pain in the muscles and joints, for example. The lavender oil is also very relaxing and research has shown that. An important compound in the lavender called linalool has a calming effect on the gamma-aminobutyric acid. This substance acts as a human neurotransmitter. The effect of this substance is that it has a damping effect on the nervous system.
- Tea tree oil: helps prevent mold and also has a deodorizing effect. Especially with athletes, tea oil can help greatly because the smell of sweaty feet is much less thanks to this oil. The tea tree oil certainly helps when you suffer from sweaty feet.
- Chamomile Oil: Helps prevent inflammation and also has a pain-relieving effect. We recommend chamomile oil for people who have burnt skin, a rash or suffer from inflammation.
- Wintergreen essential oil : Many people think of wintergreen essential oil as a natural aspirin. This oil has a very effective effect on taking away the pain of swelling. In addition, wintergreen oil also has a cooling effect. Because it has a cooling effect, you can also use this oil if you suffer from burned skin.
- Essential eucalyptus oil has a strong antibacterial effect. The oil helps to get rid of pain in the feet. The antibacterial effect of eucalyptus oil also prevents foot infections and fungi. However, these conditions are only prevented if you use a foot bath with eucalyptus oil every week.
- Olive oil: this oil is not considered an essential oil, but olive oil can certainly be used in a foot bath. Olive oil contains a high content of minerals and vitamins. We also recommend this oil for disinfecting injuries and it therefore has a healing effect.
The use of seaweed during a foot massage
Because seaweed looks a bit dirty, some people do not want to use seaweed in the foot bath. However, these people are not aware of all the benefits and what its positive effect is. Seaweed has a healing effect and makes the skin younger. Below we discuss the most important effects of seaweed when you use it in a foot bath:
- Fluid Retention: Seaweed decreases and balances body chemistry. It ensures that waste products, lipids and toxins are transported faster.
- Relaxing: seaweed has a relaxing effect and therefore stress and anxiety are reduced. By using seaweed in the foot bath, your body will relax in a natural way.
- Skin conditions: Seaweed can even fight certain skin conditions like psoriasis and acne. Thanks to seaweed, the skin is fully hydrated and the skin’s vitality is restored.
When you plan to buy a foot bath, it is always important to check whether you can use seaweed. Unfortunately, this is not possible with many foot baths because the seaweed can get stuck in the nozzles of the device. The effect is that the foot spa will break. Especially with the professional foot baths it is possible to use seaweed. Our advice is to always contact the manufacturer first and read the manual carefully. The manufacturer can best advise you on this. Many webshops also state whether it is possible to use seaweed or certain essential oils. Even if it is mentioned on the webshop, we still recommend contacting the manufacturer.
Taking a paraffin foot bath is very good for your feet and it has the following benefits:
- It helps dry and damaged skin.
- It helps with rheumatism and arthritis because it promotes blood circulation.
- It helps with tired feet because it ensures that the blood vessels open again and therefore your feet get energy again.