Our goal is to help you as best as possible in finding the best foot massager. In this comprehensive advice guide, we have selected the six best foot massagers for you after extensive research.
Using a foot massager is a great way to relax after a long day at work. But did you know that using a foot massager is also very healthy? You can use a foot massager for:
- Circulatory system: Stimulating blood circulation. Your tired feet get renewed energy.
- Blood Pressure: Regular foot massages help maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Bunions: It helps treat bunions.
- Relax: it helps to relax and reduce stress
- Sleep at night: it helps with a good night’s sleep
- Happy feeling: it promotes a happy feeling because the body starts to produce endorphins.
In this buying guide, we give you extensive information about the different types of foot massagers. We have done extensive research and selected the seven best foot massagers. We try to provide as much relevant information as possible about each product and we discuss the advantages and disadvantages. In the second part of this buying guide, we give a lot of general information. We discuss, among other things, which functionalities you should pay attention to when buying a foot device . In addition, we will discuss the health benefits and how you can use these devices most effectively. We hope that after reading this buying guide you have got a better idea so that you buy the foot device that best meets your needs.
Reviews of the six best foot massagers of 2023
We have selected and extensively tested the six best foot massagers for you. For each model, we discuss the most important functionalities and the advantages and disadvantages of each device. We hope you enjoy reading the foot massager reviews.
1. Happy Feet foot massager
With this foot massager, you can also massage other body parts.
How does this device differ from other foot massagers?
The foot massager from “Happy feet” is one of the best-tested foot massagers at the moment. At bol.com, this foot massager has the highest average rating of all electronic foot massagers. The foot massager ensures that the blood circulation in your muscles and legs is promoted by giving a vibration massage in combination with the infrared heat function. The foot massager of “happy feet” clearly distinguishes itself from the competition on the following points:
- Massage other body parts as well: Another unique point is that you can use this device not only for your feet but also for other body parts. When you place the device on the back of a chair, you can also use it as a back and stomach massager, for example .
- 15 intensity settings : the device is equipped with 15 massage intensity settings. In terms of massage experience, this device is diverse and your feet are always massaged in an effective way.
- Adjusting the infrared heat temperature: with most foot devices you cannot adjust the intensity of the infrared function, but you can with this device. You can adjust the intensity from position 1 to 8. In addition, this foot massager is also equipped with an automatic position and it offers a wonderfully varied program where the temperature is varied.
- Foot reflex massage : the device has acupressure points that provide a wonderful foot reflex massage. Thanks to the acupressure points, the reflex points (nerve ends) on the soles of your feet are massaged and stimulated. These nerve endings are connected to all organs of the body. The foot reflex treatment therefore helps with many health problems such as headaches and menstrual pain etc.
You can also set the massage duration with this foot device. Here you have the choice of 10, 20 and 30 minutes. After the treatment has ended, the device switches off automatically. Do you want more information about this foot massager? Then read the review I wrote about the happy feet foot massager .
2. Beurer fm60: shiatsu foot massager
The most cost-effective foot massager
It has no less than 18 shiatsu massage heads.
What makes the Beurer FM 60 unique compared to other models is that it has no less than 18 massage heads. In this way, your feet are optimally massaged from all angles. Most devices have an average of 10 massage heads. The heads of the Beurer FM60 perform a wonderfully relaxing shiatsu massage. A shiatsu treatment completely relaxes your tense muscles. It ensures that your mental and physical resistance is improved. A shiatsu massage goes further than just a surface massage. The massage reaches and massages the muscles in the deeper tissue.
Stimulate blood circulation with the infrared heat function
The foot device has a heat infrared function. This can give a wonderful feeling, especially during the cold winter days. Not only does it provide relaxation, but it also opens the blood vessels in your lower body (legs and feet), improving blood circulation. As a result, more blood is transported to your feet and legs, so that your feet can recover faster from, for example, injuries.
3. Dr. high blood circulation stimulator
The most economical electrostimulation foot massager.
Have you suffered a foot injury during sports or do you suffer from swollen feet, for example? The Dr Ho foot massager can reduce the pain faster by giving an electronic muscle stimulation. In this simulation, electrical impulses are sent to your muscles and nerves. These stimuli cause the muscles to contract and the blood vessels in the muscles to open. The effect is that blood circulation is improved and muscles can recover faster. So it is not a foot massager that gives mechanical massages, but electronic muscle stimulation.
Ten different intensity settings
When you start up the device, you can choose from 10 different intensity settings so that you can adjust it completely to your wishes. When you feel and see that the muscles start to contract, it means that you have found the best intensity setting. The device also comes with a remote control with which you can quickly and easily set the intensity.
It goes further than just giving a foot massage.
The device comes with extra pads so that you can actually massage all body parts such as the muscles back, shoulders , neck and leg muscles. Compared to other foot devices, this is a very big advantage.
A big advantage is that the Dr. ho circulation promoter comes with rechargeable batteries. You can use the device everywhere, so it’s ideal for sports.
4. Medisana FM 888: gives a very complete foot massage
The most complete foot massager because thanks to the closed design, not only the soles of the feet are massaged, but also the sides and top.
Complete foot massage: place your feet in the device
Are you looking for a foot massage device that is able to give a complete foot massage? Thanks to the closed shape of the foot massager, the bottom, top and sides of the feet are fully massaged. In this respect, this device clearly distinguishes itself from the other devices in this price category (90 euros) because most models have an open design. With these models, the top and sides of the feet are not massaged.
reflexology massage : What also makes the Medisana FM 885 unique compared to other models is that it can perform foot reflexology massages. By massaging the nerve endings of the soles of your feet, your body is brought into balance. The nerve endings are connected to all your organs via the nerve pathways.
Shiatsu massage and compression massage
In addition to a foot reflex treatment, the Medisana FS 885 can also perform a shiatsu and compression massage. You can also switch on the infrared heat during this treatment. The infrared heat especially gives a wonderful feeling during the cold winter months. Thanks to the closed shape of the foot device, it spreads all over your feet. It ensures that blood circulation is promoted even more. The Medisana foot massager always gives a perfect massage because it has three different intensity settings.
5. Revitive doctor plus
The best electrostimulation foot massager to stimulate blood circulation
A very effective electrostimulation device to stimulate blood circulation
The revitive medic plus is a very effective foot massager that can greatly reduce the pain in your feet and legs. The device relaxes the muscles of your feet and legs by giving electronic muscle stimulation. Electronic muscle stimulation is the best way to stimulate circulation in the feet and legs. The stimuli generated by the device travel through the soles of the feet to the nerves. The electrical stimuli mimic the functioning of neurons. Stimulation of the nerves causes the muscles to contract. The contraction of the muscles opens the blood vessels and increases blood circulation. The effect is that more nutrients are transported to the muscles, so that they recover faster and the pain decreases. Unlike other models, this device gives massages by means of electrostimulation. Below is a brief overview of the benefits:
- Relieves the pain and cramping in your feet and legs
- Reduces swollen feet and ankles
- Reduces the symptoms associated with varicose veins
- Actively increases blood circulation
Supplied with electrode pads: massage other parts of your body as well.
What makes this circulatory device unique is that it comes with pads. It means that you can also massage other body parts. You simply place the electrodes on the muscles you want to massage and then adjust the intensity. With these pads you can also massage your back, neck, legs and actually any part of the body. The revitive medic plus is therefore much more than just a foot massager.
Enjoy a foot massage anywhere + remote control
The device comes with rechargeable batteries. It is therefore a wireless foot massager and you can use it everywhere. So no hassle with the cords. In addition, it comes with a remote control so that you can easily adjust the settings.
100 intensity settings
To stimulate your muscles in an effective way, the Revitive medic plus offers 100 different intensity levels. To stimulate the muscles as best as possible, it is important to find the right intensity level. When you feel the muscles in your calf contract, it means the intensity level is right.
6. Beurer FM90
The most complete foot massage electro stimulation device at a very competitive price
The Beurer FM 90 is a closed heat infrared foot massager. Thanks to the closed design, the massage is carried out over your entire feet. So it means that the device also massages the top and sides of your feet. In this area, this foot massager is very different because most devices only massage the soles of the feet. These models have an open design. Thanks to the closed design, the massage is not only effective but also feels even more comfortable.
Shiatsu massage and adjusting the intensity
The Beurer FM 90 provides shiatsu massages that also ensure that the deeper muscles in the tissue are reached and massaged. A shiatsu treatment can feel a bit rough, which is why the device is equipped with three different intensity settings. This allows you to easily set the right intensity depending on your mood and needs.
Another advantage is that it requires little maintenance. The cover of the device can be removed and washed.
Conclusion: which foot massager to buy?
If you are looking for the best foot massager with the best price-quality ratio, we recommend the foot massager from “Happy Feet”. The massage feels the most comfortable and you get the most value for money. The foot massager is offered at bol.com for a price of €130. Of all the devices in this price range, this model has by far the best features:
- It is a very versatile device because you don’t just massage your feet with this device. For example, it is also possible to massage your back, calves, shoulders and abdomen. In this respect, the foot massager of “Happy feet” clearly distinguishes itself from other devices.
- Most foot massagers have 2 intensity settings. The foot massager from Blije Voeten is equipped with 10 intensity massage settings. You can also set the intensity of the infrared heat. You can choose from 8 positions. You cannot set the intensity of the infrared heat with any foot massager.
On these points, the device clearly distinguishes itself from the other foot massagers. The conclusion is that the foot massager from “Happy Feet” is the most versatile and best foot massager.
What should you pay attention to when buying a foot massager?
Finding the best foot massager is harder than you think. As you have read, there are many different types of models that differ greatly from each other in terms of price and functionalities. In this part of this buying guide we take a closer look at all the functionalities that a foot massager can have. We then discuss how these functionalities influence the complete massage experience. We also give advice on which functionalities are important when you want to treat specific health complaints with a foot massager. We hope you enjoy reading the second part of this comprehensive buying guide.
When you plan to buy a foot massager, it is important to first have a good idea of the different functionalities. When you have a good idea of this, you can better determine which functionalities are important to you. You should carefully consider these functionalities before making a purchase decision. Based on this, you can determine what the best foot massage device is for you. Below we take a closer look at the most important features.
1. Design of the electric foot device
The design of the foot massager will greatly influence your massage experience. The design determines which parts of your foot are massaged.
When the electric foot device has an open design, only the soles of the feet are massaged. You place the feet on the device with this model. However, the feet are not covered by the device. With the open design models, the sides and top are not massaged well.
With a closed foot massager, the feet are fully massaged. You place the feet in the device, so that they are fully massaged.
1.1 The advantages and disadvantages of an open design foot massager
Below we discuss the advantages and disadvantages of an open design.
- Compact: the models are a lot more compact and therefore a lot lighter. If you are looking for a portable foot massager, an open design is a better choice.
- Quiet: these models make a lot less noise and are therefore ideal for use at work.
- Foot reflexology massage : these models often also have acupressure points that enable them to give a foot reflexology massage.
- Intensive massage: they give an intensive massage of the soles of the feet. As mentioned before, most open foot massagers do not reach your ankles and calves. The more luxurious models do massage the ankles because the treatment is so intense that the entire feet and also the ankles are massaged.
- Easy to clean: It takes less time to clean and maintain a foot unit with an open design.
- Limited to the soles of the feet: the treatment mainly focuses on the soles of the feet. The sides and tops of the feet are not massaged properly. However, with some models this is the case because the massage is strong enough.
1.2 A professional foot massager often has a closed design
With a closed foot massager, you place your feet in the device. Then the entire foot is massaged. Below we discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a closed foot device.
- Complete foot massage: closed foot devices are becoming more and more popular. These models massage the soles, sides and heels of your foot. If you are looking for a device that can give a complete foot massage, a closed model is a better choice.
- A much better heat function: the heated infrared function spreads the heat over the entire foot. The infrared heat therefore spreads over the soles, top and sides of your feet.
- Foot massage cushion : Most closed designs often include a foot massage cushion. Thanks to the pillow, the treatment feels a bit more relaxed.
- Larger range of massages: Due to the closed design, these devices offer a wider range of massages such as a compression and vibration massage
- More difficult to clean: The closed design makes it more difficult to clean the inside of the device. Because you place the entire foot in the device, you have to clean this type of device more often. So it actually takes more time to properly maintain this device.
2. Can you adjust the intensity of the device?
Do you want to prevent the massage from feeling too hard? It is then important to buy a foot massager where you can adjust the intensity. A foot device with an adjustable intensity is a lot more versatile and can be completely adapted to your wishes. We always recommend that you choose a model with at least two intensity settings.
3. Size and weight of the foot massager
When buying a foot massager, it is first important to know what the maximum foot size is. The size of the foot massager determines who can use the device and who cannot. Most devices are designed for most users, but that doesn’t mean the massage experience can feel any different. Each device has a maximum foot length that is supported. Some models are suitable for people with a foot length up to size 49 and other models up to size 45. When you want to give a foot massager to someone as a gift, it is very important to know what that person’s foot size is. It is especially important when you choose a closed design foot massager.
For people who have small feet, it is not a smart idea to choose a foot massager that is designed for larger foot sizes. The effect is that the massage heads cannot reach and massage the feet properly.
Weight has a major impact on portability. You can take light foot massagers with you everywhere. The devices with an open design are smaller. So if you plan to take the device with you to work or on vacation, we recommend an open design foot massager.
4. What foot massage techniques can the device perform?
Foot massagers can differ greatly when it comes to the different types of foot massage techniques that the device can perform. It also depends a lot on the type of foot device (closed or open). Below we describe the most well-known techniques:
4.1 Shiatsu massage
Many foot massagers can also perform shiatsu massages. Most foot massagers perform this technique by applying pressure to different parts of your feet. The pressure will stimulate and relax your muscles, which also improves blood circulation. This treatment often feels much more powerful than other massages. With a shiatsu massage, the deep tissue muscles are also massaged and we also call this a percussion massage.
Most foot massagers can perform vibration massages. The vibration technique can be very effective to treat the pain in your feet. Our advice is to put extra pressure with the feet on the painful areas during the massage. A vibration massage ensures that the blood circulation is improved so that the feet and body will relax more. After a vibration treatment you will quickly notice that your feet and legs have renewed energy.
4.3 Voetreflex massage / therapy
Did you know that the feet are connected to all organs in the body? There are thousands of reflex points on the underside of the feet that are connected to the organs. We also call these foot reflex pressure points nerve endings. The nerves go from the soles of the feet to the legs and then to the organs. For example, when the body experiences pain in the lower back, these specific nerves close at the ends. Chemicals accumulate in the nerves. Thanks to foot reflexology, it is possible to remove these chemicals, reducing the accumulation in the nerves. For example, the pain in the lower back is reduced by massaging the foot reflex points that are connected to the lower back during a foot reflex massage. The waste products then leave your body during urination, so that the balance in the body is restored. It is therefore important to drink enough water before and after a foot reflexology massage. Good foot care is very important because it makes your whole body healthier. We always recommend buying a foot reflex massage device that is equipped with special reflex points. During a foot massage you place the feet on the foot reflexology zones. The device then ensures that the foot reflex zones are stimulated. In this way, a foot massager performs a foot reflexology massage. Below you see a reflexology map of the foot. Good foot care is very important because it makes your whole body healthier. We always recommend buying a foot reflex massage device that is equipped with special reflex points. During a foot massage you place the feet on the foot reflexology zones. The device then ensures that the foot reflex zones are stimulated. In this way, a foot massager performs a foot reflexology massage. Below you see a reflexology map of the foot. Good foot care is very important because it makes your whole body healthier. We always recommend buying a foot reflex massage device that is equipped with special reflex points. During a foot massage you place the feet on the foot reflexology zones. The device then ensures that the foot reflex zones are stimulated. In this way, a foot massager performs a foot reflexology massage. Below you see a reflexology map of the foot. In this way, a foot massager performs a foot reflexology massage. Below you see a reflexology map of the foot. In this way, a foot massager performs a foot reflexology massage. Below you see a reflexology map of the foot.
4.4 Compression massage
Compression massages are usually performed by a closed foot massager. The treatment focuses on the heels, sides and top of the feet. The compression massage works by means of air cushion that is in the device. The cushions inflate and deflate every few seconds. In this way, the cushions massage your entire foot. The intensity can often also be set during a compression treatment. A compression treatment gives a wonderfully relaxing feeling and causes the muscles to relax. The tired muscles come to rest and feel reborn after the massage.
4.5 Electro stimulation
Some foot massagers also provide treatments by performing electrostimulation. You place your feet on the device and then electronic impulses are generated that stimulate the nerves and muscles. Electrostimulation mimics the nerve signals that our brain generates. By mimicking these signals, you can send positive signals to the brain and block negative painful signals. The effect of this is that it helps with various health problems, including cramped legs and feet. It also has a positive effect on blood circulation. For more information, I would like to refer you to the best tens devices page .
Both open and closed massage devices can perform a tapping massage. Most foot massagers perform this technique using the heads that are in the device. The heads rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. The device then performs a tapping massage that focuses on the soles of the feet. With the more expensive models, you can often also set the intensity of the kneading massage. This is not possible with the cheaper versions, but there is also a solution for this. To make the massage more powerful, put more pressure on the device with your feet. The tapping massage will therefore feel more powerful. If the treatment feels too soft and you cannot adjust the intensity, you can, for example, place a towel on the foot device. The effect is that it will feel less harsh.
The more expensive foot massagers can often also provide a roller massage. Foot massage rollers are incorporated in the device, so you move your feet over these rollers. You often also have the option of processing these rollers from the device by means of a click system. Some devices are equipped with electric foot massage rollers, so you don’t have to do anything yourself. The rolling technique stimulates blood circulation in the feet and legs. The effect is that the feet and legs get renewed energy.
4.8 Heated infrared heat massage
The infrared heat is actually not a massage but a handy functionality that you can switch on during the massage. We always recommend buying a foot massager with infrared heat function. When you activate the infrared function, the device spreads heat over the feet. It gives a wonderfully relaxing and soothing feeling. Another advantage is that the heat has a stimulating effect on the blood circulation. When the heat function is activated, your blood vessels will stretch, allowing more blood to flow to the feet and legs. The increased blood flow will bring more nutrients and oxygen to the feet so that the muscles will recover faster. In addition, waste products are removed from the body faster due to the improved blood circulation.
4.9 Thai foot massage
Some foot massagers can imitate Thai foot massages. In a Thai massage , the masseuse uses a rod that puts pressure on the foot reflex pressure points. A foot massager imitates the movements of a Thai massage with the massage heads. If you want to enjoy a Thai foot massage, it is important that the device supports this massage program.
4.10 Foot massage with water? Then opt for a foot bath.
If you want to immerse your feet in the warm water during a foot massage, we do not recommend a foot massager. In that case it is better to buy a foot bath . Fill a foot bath with warm water and possibly with essential oils. Then enjoy a foot massage in the warm water. Foot baths can also perform various massages such as a vibration and bubble massage. For more information about foot massagers with water, I would also like to refer you to this article .
5. Remote Control
Don’t want to bend backwards to adjust the settings of the foot massager? We recommend that you choose a model that comes with a remote control. You can quickly and easily adjust the settings using the remote control.
6. Anti-slip rubbers and adjustable legs
It is important not to step on the device. If you do this too often, the device will be damaged because there is too much pressure on the massage heads. Otherwise the device has to carry the whole body and it is not made for that. It is better to sit on a chair or on the couch and then place your feet on the foot massager. If you cannot set the intensity yourself, you can put some pressure on the device with your feet to increase the intensity of the massage. With the more expensive models, you can also set the intensity yourself.
Foot devices with a closed design are generally heavier and therefore stand more stable on the ground. The open design foot massagers can also be stable on the ground. However, it is important to check whether these are equipped with non-slip rubbers.
Some versions have adjustable legs so that you can adjust the height yourself. The big advantage is that you can adjust the height of the device to the height of the chair or sofa you sit on. Another advantage is that you can move it forwards or backwards so that the legs rest in the correct position. It’s the little details that can make the big difference
7. Which parts of the foot and leg are massaged at the same time
Another important aspect in finding the best leg and foot massager is to find out which parts of your feet and legs are being massaged at the same time.
Unfortunately, most devices only massage the feet. Although foot massages are very good for your feet, most people would like to have a device that massages both the feet and the lower legs. If you would like this, we recommend that you buy a foot massager that works by means of electrostimulation. It is important to check whether these are supplied with pads. You then connect these electro pads to the device and place them on the body part you want to massage. In this way you can also treat other body parts in addition to the feet, such as the legs.
Most closed foot massagers can also massage the ankles and calves in addition to the soles of the feet. The closed foot massagers are a lot higher and bigger. The advantage is that in addition to the feet, the ankles are also massaged.
As mentioned earlier, the foot devices with an open design only massage the soles of the feet. If you want to massage the entire foot and also the calves, it is better to buy an electrostimulation or closed foot massager.
Why are foot massages healthy?
Foot massages can have a positive effect on mental and physical health. Many medical specialists recommend a foot massage to treat health problems. In this part of this buying guide we will discuss all mental and physical complaints that a foot massager can help with.
After a foot treatment you will notice that the muscles feel much less tight and are more relaxed. Many people nowadays sit in an office chair for a large part of the time (office job) or they stand all day (painter). In the long run, both scenarios can damage the feet. When people sit for a long time, the blood circulation slows down and therefore a large part of the blood does not reach the feet. As a result, the feet can feel tense and cold. The opposite is also common. If you walk too much, this eventually leads to swollen feet that will feel painful. When using a foot treatment device, the muscles in the feet relax. The feet will therefore recover faster after a hard and long day of work.
It helps to promote blood circulation
Poor blood circulation in your feet has to do with many different factors such as the choices people make in life. For example, when people sit at a desk 40 hours a week and do not move enough, this has a negative effect on blood circulation. People who exercise a lot can even have poor blood circulation. The use of a foot massager stimulates the blood circulation of the feet and makes the feet warmer. When the device massages the feet, the muscles warm up and it is therefore comparable to a physical activity. Because the muscles become more active, more blood flows to the muscles. The increased blood flow ensures that more oxygen and nutrients are transported to your foot muscles. The effects of a foot massage can be enhanced by using the heated infrared function. This function not only warms your feet. It also causes the blood vessels to widen so that more blood can be transported to the feet faster and more. The effect of this is that the muscles will recover faster. If you want to let the tired foot muscles recover faster after a long day of hard work, we recommend buying a foot treatment with infrared function.
A foot reflex zone massage helps, for example, with headaches and menstrual pain.
The soles of the feet are covered with reflex points (nerve endings) and by massaging these points effectively, you can relieve pain throughout the body. The reflex ends are in fact connected to all organs via the nerves. These pressure points are used in foot reflexology to relieve pain and promote relaxation. A foot sole massager can effectively massage the reflex points in the soles of the feet by performing a roller massage or shiatsu massage. For example, if you suffer from headaches or menstrual pain, this technique can also help. Because the device massages the correct pressure points , the headache is greatly reduced. A foot reflex zone massage is therefore effective in remedying headaches.
It helps treat arthritis/rheumatism
Arthritis is inflammation of the joints and it often leads to fluid retention and swollen feet. The symptoms and pain are treated with the help of a foot massager. To effectively treat arthritis , the foot massager must meet the following aspects:
- Closed foot massager: we recommend that you choose this type of foot massager because the entire foot is fully massaged.
- Infrared heat function and shiatsu massage: if you suffer from this condition, we recommend choosing a foot massager with a heat infrared function. In addition, it is wise to choose a device that can perform a shiatsu massage. When you combine the shiatsu massage with the heat function, it can certainly help in the treatment of rheumatism. Massaging the muscles warms them up and loosens them up. When you use a foot device on a daily basis, the swelling and fluid accumulations decrease.
It helps counter the pain caused by bunions (hallux valgus)
The pain caused by bunions (hallux valgus) is due to the large ones being pulled inward. The result is that a large lump develops and the pressure on the second toe can cause the pain to be very strong. Foot massagers can relax the muscles in the soles and sides of the feet. In addition, these devices can put pressure on the joints. We recommend using a closed foot massager to effectively treat foot lumps. In addition to the soles of the feet, this type of device also massages the sides and top of the foot. What is also important is that the device can perform a compression massage. This massage puts pressure on all parts of the foot.
Foot massages help with low back pain
Many people suffer from lower back pain. Sometimes low back pain is caused by incorrect posture. When you have a lot of pain in your feet and legs, it also has an effect on your posture. The use of a foot massager can relieve pain in the feet and legs. It leads to a better posture, which reduces or even eliminates the pain in the lower back.
Menstrual pain is reduced by a foot sole massage
Specific pressure points in the soles of the feet can relieve menstrual pain. Based on foot reflex techniques, you can use a foot massager to reduce or relieve menstrual pain. To reduce menstrual pain, it is important to choose a model that has acupressure points. These points are on the surface on which you place the feet. Subsequently, the acupressure points stimulate the nerve endings that are connected to all organs.
Foot massages can induce contractions
Based on the principles of reflexology, foot massages can be performed to induce contractions. For this you need a foot massager that is able to massage the plantar reflex points and sides of the feet. The device should also massage the ankles and calves. The aim is to stimulate the foot reflex points that are connected to the uterus. In this way the contractions can be induced. Of course, you should always discuss this in detail with your doctor first.
It helps to take away the pain of plantar fasciitis / heel spurs
Plantar fasciitis is a common condition that causes a lot of pain in the area around the heel. The pain is caused by inflammation in the connective tissue or by calcification of the tendon leaf. When there is an inflammation or calcification in the tendon leaf, this is also called “plantar fascioses or heel spurs”. Due to the inflammation and calcification, the quality of the tendon leaf strongly deteriorates. Fortunately, you can use a foot device to treat this condition. It is important that you choose a closed foot massager. The arches and the sides need to be massaged and closed models focus on these areas, among other things.
Below is an overview of the symptoms and complaints that people often experience:
- The pain occurs when you walk or stand.
- Severe pain on the bottom of the foot.
- When you put pressure on the heel bone, it feels painful.
- The heel bone may be thickened in some cases.
How does a foot massager help? (Always consult a doctor first)
By using a foot massager on a daily basis, it can certainly help in the treatment and prevention of Plantar Fasciitis. It is a completely natural method to treat Plantar Fasciitis / Heel Spurs. Below we will discuss how a foot massager can help with this condition.
- Improve blood circulation:a foot massager ensures that the blood circulation increases significantly. The circulatory system in the body is responsible for distributing the blood cells throughout the body. The problem, however, is that blood is transported less quickly to the muscles in the legs and feet compared to the upper body. This is because the lower legs and feet are further away from the heart. Of course, slower circulation doesn’t really help fight heel spurs/plantar fasciitis. A foot massage will increase the blood flow in the lower body. The improved blood circulation also brings the body more in balance because waste products can be removed and removed. To promote blood circulation, the foot massager should perform a deep tissue massage such as a shiatsu massage. When performing the shiatsu massage, pressure is put on the tendon and the muscles surrounding it. The purpose of this is to let the muscles relax completely so that the blood circulation also increases. It may feel very painful at the beginning of the treatment, but you will see that the pain has decreased significantly after the treatment.
- To create endorphins:the pain caused by plantar fasciitis can be immense. To reduce the pain, it is also important to relax. A foot device can certainly help with this. By massaging the muscles around the feet, the body relaxes and the blood flow increases, which reduces the pain. During the treatment, the brain starts to produce endorphins, which make the body feel calmer, both physically and mentally. In other words, a foot massager can improve your body’s homeostasis. Homeostasis occurs when the whole body works as one. This promotes a feeling of relaxation. In the short term, for example, this reduces negative feelings such as fear, frustration and depression. When treating plantar fasciitis, it is very important to manage stress as it is important to remain calm under painful conditions. In this way, a foot massager also helps with plantar fasciitis
Frequently asked questions about foot massagers
We regularly receive questions about foot massage devices. We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions. Then we give a short answer.
How much does a foot massager cost?
The prices of foot massagers vary widely. It strongly depends on which features the device has and which health problems you want to treat. On average, the prices of foot massagers are between 50 and 200 euros. The closed devices are generally more expensive than variants with an open design.
Can I use a foot massager as a diabetes patient?
Diabetes patients often also have problems with their feet. The pain is caused by damage to the nerves in the feet. The result is that wounds develop around the feet that are difficult to treat. You can use a foot massager to relieve the pain. It is important to use a foot massager where you can adjust the infrared light heat. The heat stimulates blood circulation in the lower legs and feet, which reduces the pain. We always recommend that you first consult a doctor about using a foot massager.
Can I use a foot massager while pregnant?
When you are pregnant, we recommend that you visit a massage parlor. A professional masseuse can give a pregnancy massage. We do not recommend using a foot massager. The pressure points in the soles of the feet are connected to the uterus. By stimulating these pressure points incorrectly, this can affect the uterus in a negative way. We therefore always recommend having a pregnancy massage performed by a professional. A masseuse knows exactly which places they can massage and which they cannot.
Is a foot massage given during a pedicure treatment?
A foot massage is sometimes an important part of a good foot care pedicure treatment. During a foot pedicure treatment, a foot massage is often given in the following cases:
- People suffering from rheumatism.
- Women who are pregnant.
- People who have nerve disorders such as in diabetes patients.
At which stores can you buy a foot massager?
We have prepared a list of the most popular stores where you can buy a foot massager. Below is the overview.
- Foot massage device mediamarkt: the advantage is of course that you can visit one of the stores. Then you can see whether the foot device really suits you. Of course you can also buy the device on the Mediamarkt webshop.
- Foot massage device at the Blokker: this store also offers a wide range of foot massage devices. When you order the foot massager online at the blocker, you often receive it the next day. If you want to buy a foot treatment device in the store, it is always a good idea to check whether the Blokker has the product in stock in the store.
- bol.com: the most well-known webshop in the Netherlands offers the largest range of foot massage devices. In addition, most products are delivered to your home within 24 hours.
- Coolblue: just like bol.com, Coolblue also offers a wide range of massage devices. It is one of the most famous webshops in the Netherlands.